Monday, January 9, 2012

One week later...

Have we already used up a whole week of the New year? Isn't it funny how Christmas is just a blink of an eye and over? My decorations are half put away. Needing to get the rest back in their boxes for next time. Its so easy to decorate but so hard to put away.
My life seems to have taken a foggy turn over the last couple of weeks. I have been dealing with some toddlerittis. My son has learned the art of talking back....ugh.....and for the last two weeks he decided to wake up almost every night and not go to sleep unless I slept with him. I am happy to report he is sleeping on his own again. However, the attitude is still kicking. It takes a lot of mental power to try and "teach" your kids doesn't it?
I also have been feeling the need for change. Yes, to clean up and out my home. But also personal change. From the first day of 2012 there has been a inner need to be a better person and Christian. I know haven't talked about it much on my blog but I am a firm believer in Jesus Christ. He has been my rock for most of my life. Yet this year I feel Him wanting to draw me closer in a new way. I want to so desperately. I pray that I will. Its time.

So, I was thinking of the list of things I want to do/see for 2012. Here it goes:

1. develop a different/stronger walk in my faith
2. clean out ALL my cabinets/cupboards/closet's...again
3. possibly paint my living room
4. visit my family (and hold my precious nephew finally!) in the mid west
5. take family pictures with my boys
6. take a family vacation
7. Cook a few new recipes for dinner
8. bake a few new desserts
9. learn to change a few bad eating habits
10. go on more walks and to the parks for my son
11. get involved the free children's reading hour for my little Mr.

So whatever this year brings. I hope to enjoy it. The good makes you happy but the bad makes your stronger. So glad I have a God who oversees it all and I can trust he has my back.

No comments:

Post a Comment